ARMing Heroes offers an emergency grant program for qualified applicants when there is an emergency related to the most basic of needs.
All funds for emergency grants are currently exhausted.
To be eligible to apply for any grant with ARMing Heroes, the veteran may not be on active duty. The veteran must have served for at least 90 continuous days of active duty and must have been discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable. If these conditions are met, the veteran must also meet any two (2) of the following criteria: 1). Has a disability rating from the Veterans Administration; 2). Served outside the U.S.; 3). Served in an Imminent Danger Pay Area; 4). Is unemployed; or 5). Served for more than ten (10) years. ARMing Heroes also extends benefits to the spouse and children of those persons defined as veterans above.
If the applicant can demonstrate the foregoing applies, the applicant must then also demonstrate unemployment, child dependent(s), negative cash flow, and responsible credit card usage to be considered for an emergency grant. The applicant must also indicate a need related to one or more of the following basic needs.
- Food: If the applicant is not able to obtain food, the applicant may be approved for an emergency grant for this purpose.
- Housing: If the applicant can document an eviction or foreclosure process is ongoing, the applicant may be approved for a grant for this purpose.
- Utilities: If the applicant can document a disconnection warning notice from a utility provider (gas, electric, water), the applicant may be approved for a grant for this purpose.
- Transportation: If the applicant can document a necessary vehicle may be repossessed or cannot be repaired, the applicant may be approved for a grant for this purpose.
- Other: If the applicant has some other need that is immediate which may fall outside of the parameters above but is considered a basic need by the board of trustees, the applicant may be approved for a grant for this purpose.
Find out if you qualify to apply for an emergency grant if you are a veteran. There is not a grant application for an emergency grant that is separate from the application process for the No Debts for Vets program. Completing the application once is all that is needed. If you qualify to apply for an emergency grant, it will be processed right away. If you do not qualify for an emergency grant, you may still be considered for the No Debts for Vets program.
If you are considering donating, make a one-time donation with a credit card now or contact us to get your coworkers engaged and get involved for this cause.